05 May Confidential and rapid HIV testing available at area Walgreens!
You sure can!!
Walgreens is one of the more than 100 community partners committed to helping you get tested quickly and conveniently.
Our test counselors use an oral swab test that is quick, easy and pain-free, with results ready in about the time it takes you to decide whether you’d like gummy worms, gummy bears, or gummy fish for your weekend Game of Thrones binge.
“Walgreens provides a safe and familiar environment where members of the local community can feel just as comfortable requesting an HIV test as they do a flu shot,” says Susan Unger, Project Director of Get Tested Coachella Valley.
Wondering if you’re at risk for HIV?
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you are at increased risk for HIV infection and should definitely get an HIV test:
- Have you had sex with someone who is HIV-positive or a person whose HIV status you didn’t know since your last HIV test?
- Have you injected drugs (including steroids, hormones, or silicone) and shared equipment (or “works,” such as needles or syringes) with others?
- Have you exchanged sex for food, shelter, drugs, or money?
- Have you been diagnosed with, or sought treatment for a sexually transmitted disease, like syphilis?
- Have you been diagnosed with or sought treatment for hepatitis or tuberculosis (TB)?
- Have you had sex with anyone who has any of the risk factors listed above or whose history you don’t know?
So before you get ready to settle into your weekend movie marathon, drop by and see us at Walgreens for a free HIV test! It’s quick, easy, and confidential!
For the HIV testing location closest to you, use check out this handy test site locator!